CollectionSpace strives to fully integrate museums’ mission-critical collections management systems into the Internet world – more than just “internet” – it’s mobile, it’s in the field, it’s where we work. The guiding philosophy of CollectionSpace goes well beyond any single standard to embrace community-based software development that encourages sharing and reuse, and supports extensibility, and interoperability.
The software is designed to serve museums of varying types and sizes while encouraging the use of field-wide and domain-specific standards including SPECTRUM, DOCAM, CDWA, DarwinCore, DublinCore, and more.
Highlights of CollectionSpace:
- Supports all foundational collections management functionality, from acquisition and cataloging to media handling and reporting
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Accessible from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection
- No limits on number of user accounts
- An open-source community where users can share ideas, contribute requirements and code, and participate in the ongoing evolution of the software