CollectionSpace is pleased to announce a mini-grant opportunity for new adopters, implementers, and community leaders.
Are you ready to implement and need some assistance? Would an additional set of hands help to guide you through the planning process? Is there a project you have in mind that would build capacity in your community around CollectionSpace? Are you looking to use CollectionSpace but don’t have access to a technical team?
Mini-grants of up to $7,500 for single institutions/collections and up to $25,000 for collaborations among organizations and/or collections are now available.
Questions? Email email@example.com or attend a CollectionSpace walkthrough, where we’ll answer any and all questions about the grant. More information about the walkthroughs can be found on our community calendar.
Activities eligible for funding include:
- Data migration
- Set-up costs for locally hosted installations
- Set-up costs for subcontracted or externally hosted installations
- Building local professional capacity for installation, configuration and/or migration
- Development to enhance CollectionSpace to meet local needs, with outputs contributed to the full CollectionSpace community for adoption by others
- For collaborations, building the shared framework of multi-institutional, or multi-collection implementations
- Creating connectors between CollectionSpace and other applications or virtual shared collections such as Omeka, Murkutu, the DPLA, or Europeana
- Have another idea? Ask us if it could be eligible!
- Grants will be made only to organizations, not to individuals
- Recipients must become members of CollectionSpace within the grant period (July 2017-June 2018). See also: CollectionSpace Membership
- Your organization must have recently implemented (and this project represents an expansion of that work); begun the process of implementing (and this project represents the completion of that work); or you want to implement and can commit to completing your implementation of CollectionSpace within the grant period (July 2017-June 2018)